PeopleTrending News

Kidnapped Indian-origin California family found dead, confirms sheriff

1 Mins read

Merced County Sheriff Vern Warnke confirmed during a news conference late Wednesday, October 5, that all four bodies found near California’s Central Valley belonged to the family that had gone missing on Monday, October 3. Among the dead was an 8-month-old infant.

Earlier this week, a masked individual kidnapped an Indian-origin family at gunpoint. The victims included the baby girl, Aroohi Dheri, her mother, 27-year-old Jasleen Kaur, her father, 36-year-old Jasdeep Singh, and her uncle, 39-year-old Amandeep Singh.

Tuesday, October 4, local detectives were notified that the ATM card belonging to one of the victims was used in Atwater, a small town eight miles away from Merced. 48-year-old Jesus Manuel Salgado was identified later that day as a person of interest in the case. No charges have yet been announced against Salgado. He is currently in a hospital in critical condition after attempting suicide.

There is footage of the abduction, which was shown at Wednesday’s news conference. Per the footage, Jasdeep Singh arrived at the family’s business on Monday driving a brown minivan. Amandeep Singh followed him in a black pickup truck. A suspect wearing a mask walked toward the business site on California State Route 59. The video showed Jasdeep Singh exiting the building and interacting with the masked suspect before the two of them walked toward the building. The suspect then pulled a gun. Moments later, the gunman exited with Jasdeep and Amandeep Singh. The suspect restrained both men with zip ties, placed them in the back of a pickup truck, and drove away.

Next, the video showed the suspect returning to the business and coming back to the same truck with Jasleen Kaur and her infant daughter, Aroohi Dheri. Neither of them was restrained, and the suspect drove off southbound on Route 59. Their bodies were discovered in an orchard by a farmhand working there.

Jesus Manuel Salgado was formerly convicted for a 2015 robbery. Warnke said a motive has not been determined and feels that Salgado did not act alone. The FBI and the California Department of Justice are working with Warnke’s office to investigate the kidnapping and death of the young family.

1715 posts

About author
DN News Desk is the editorial wing of Digital Nod, an award-winning digital PR & marketing agency. Committed to delivering timely and insightful news coverage of global events, DN News Desk's team of seasoned journalists and editors ensures that readers are well-informed about the latest developments across various domains. With a finger on the pulse of current affairs, DN News Desk strives to provide accurate, balanced, and thought-provoking articles that shed light on the ever-evolving global landscape. From breaking news to in-depth features, DN News Desk's contributions aim to empower readers with knowledge and perspectives that matter.
Articles
Related posts
BusinessPeople

How Adam Adler Turned a Risky Bet Into a Breakthrough Success

2 Mins read
When most companies are told to slow down, test quietly, and grow step by step, the real pressure comes from knowing when…
HealthcareLifestylePeople

Founder of The Core Therapy Working Toward a More Emotionally Aware and Mentally Healthy India

1 Mins read
People

ICE Raids Slash Immigrant Labor, Hurting U.S. Workers Alongside

2 Mins read
Trump’s mass deportation campaign has placed about 60,000 undocumented immigrants in ICE detention and deported between 350,000 and 605,000 people. However, some…