The issue of cybersecurity is ever-present in today’s IT environment. The threats are increasing in number and sophistication, as are the consequences of failure to protect information assets. There are some positive trends to note, however, including an increase in third-party monitoring services and the growth of artificial intelligence tools that can help reduce risk.
Here are five global cybersecurity trends to watch for in 2022 and beyond according to Inkxpert research:
- Cloud Services Will Become More Secure – Cloud computing offers many benefits for organizations, including lower costs and greater scalability than traditional IT infrastructure. However, it also introduces new security risks because companies must share their data with third parties located around the world.
- AI Adoption Accelerates – Artificial intelligence (AI) has been around since the 1940s but only recently started becoming mainstream due to advances in technology and an increase in data processing capabilities through cloud computing platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Blockchain-based security – Blockchain technology is one of the most hyped technologies in recent years and it’s no surprise that it has found its way into cybersecurity. Blockchain can be used to protect critical data against tampering, reduce identity fraud and even secure sensitive financial transactions. Inkxpert reviews estimate that blockchain-based security will evolve in the coming years.
- Cyberattacks will become more sophisticated – Inkxpert reviews predicts that cybercriminals will continue to develop new ways to exploit vulnerabilities in computer systems and applications, making it increasingly difficult for businesses to protect themselves against such attacks. As per Inkxpert’s research, the average cost of a data breach is $3.86 million. Hence, businesses must take steps now to ensure they’re prepared if they’re hit by an attack in 2022 or beyond.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) – The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to computing devices connected to the internet. As per Inkxpert reviews, over time the IoT will grow as more devices are connected to the internet. Companies should ensure their devices are secure, so they don’t become hacked or a part of botnets.
Inkxpert reviews attribute the need to establish over-the-horizon defensive capabilities to firms that want to position themselves for the next five years due to the rapid advancement in technology.