For Real Estate professionals, quality real estate leads to determine the number of properties that can be sold. The need for real estate agents to help in buying and selling properties is at an all-time high due to:
- The rise in available properties and more people becoming first-time homeowners
- The rise in the number of homeowners who would rather sell their home and buy a home for a much lower price means that they have a more down mortgage payment each month.
The more clients a real estate company has, the more money they make from selling properties. Therefore, a real estate agent needs more leads and high-quality leads of loyal clientele that they can convert to successful home buyers/ sellers.
There are many different ways to get more real estate leads. Jarret Willis, who is a time-served real estate agent for Bespoke Real Estate Agency, shares some of the most common methods of getting leads:
1. Purchasing them
Some agencies are dedicated to finding people who want to buy or sell a property. A simple way for you to get real estate leads as an agent is to buy such companies’ information.
There are two ways to purchase leads:
- As a set of data in the form of a list or spreadsheet, you will have to go through the data to categorize them and determine whether they are reliable or not.
- You are subscribing to a real estate lead generator website. This gets you smaller lists of leads regularly. The advantage of this is that you get much more current leads, but it could be too costly, which beats the purpose if it eventually does not generate just as much commission.
Advertising is an effective and inexpensive method of lead generation. The best part about advertising is that once you’ve dispatched your information using the various channels, people look for you instead of you looking for them. The upside to this is that people who are trying to find you have already made up their minds about buying or selling property; therefore, you do not have to worry about doing the work of convincing them or wonder whether they are qualified leads.
3. Regularly updating your real estate website
A more effective way than advertising or drawing potential clients is developing a website that you keep updated with the properties you are trying to sell. Bespoke Real Estate Agency, where Jarret Willis works as a real estate agent, has a website with all their current listings, which you can easily navigate to find your dream home.
Jarret Willis says that updating your website increases your page rank, which in turn increases the chances of your website showing up in search engine results, getting you more potential clients.
4. Building an extensive network and using it
Networking to generate real estate leads can be done anywhere. Building a network can be very difficult to do at first, and you will need to be intentional in the way you go about it in the places you visit and the people you talk to. Jarret Willis says that you will deal with rejection several times, but that shouldn’t wear you down. Although it may take a while to establish a reliable network, the efforts are well worth it.
There are numerous ways to generate leads, and these are just a small percentage of how you can grow your client base as a realtor. Ultimately, it is up to you to pursue the ones that work best for you, and you will be well on your way to making money as a realtor.